Thursday 30 May 2013

Culture & Civilization

Project 1: The Rise of Civilization

The first Project of C&C was a group project. We were required to form a group of 2. My group members was Tan Ai-Qi who is my best friend in the class. Each group has to produce a Graphical Time-line Calendar and Culture Journal of the ancient civilizations in Southeast Asia. My group was doing the culture and civilization in Thailand. I was so happy because I go there almost every year and I love Thailand so much.

After that, Ai-Qi and I started finding the information about Thailand from library and Internet such as map, time line, literacy, economy, achievement and so on. We can't really find enough information from the web, so most of our information is from Taylor's Library.

Trough this project, I am able to describe the historical development of human civilization in Thailand as I have gained a lot of knowledge about Thailand. Also, I am able to  develop skills of data gathering from this project.


Here are some photos of our Project 1. Enjoy =)










Project 2: Messages from The Past

Our second project was a project combined individual task and group work. We were required to form of group of 7 to propose a play in video format from a given specific civilization. After that, each group was also required to produce a group journal which included the story board, scripts, characters, photos and so on. The individual task is to create a journal of our own character and design a packaging.


The topic that my group did was Gladiator. Firstly, I felt it was a tough task as I did not know what is gladiator at all. I did not know any culture and civilization about it. Luckily, one of my group members watched a drama of gladiator named Spartacus before. He shared with us. After watching, I got to know what is gladiator. It was an armed combatant who entertained audiences in the Roman Republic and Roman Empire in violent confrontations with other gladiators, wild animals, and condemned criminals.


After that, we started to work on our own tasks such as making the weapons, costume, scripts and so on. Once, it was done, we start filming at a garden near my condominium. It was raining, but we were still able to finished filming. It was really fun to film with friends.


In this project, I am able to recall the development of Eastern and Western human civilization in the past as well as present. Besides that, I am also able to  demonstrate good documentation and presentation skills. Also, I have built a better rapport with my friends.

Here are some photos of this group and individual project. Frankly, it is one of my favourite projects although it is challenging.






Project 3: Postcard Series

Our final project was an individual project. Each student required to do 5 postcards and one postcard size introduction that related to the theme that we chose. Also, we were also required to make a packaging for our introduction and postcards.

The theme that i chose was "Light and Shadow". It is because I love shadow since I was young. When there is light, there is shadow. The photos that I used to make my postcards were to show the presence of light and shadow gives the architecture the signs of life. When they work together, they create unique and beautiful images before they fade away.

While doing this final project, I faced some obstacles. The best moment for me to capture the light and shadow is in the morning and evening. However, it was raining those few days. I can't even capture any shadow. At the end, I was still able to complete my task, but I was not satisfy with my work as I did not plan my time well and everything was too rush. Frankly, I am regret. : (

However, From this project, I am to recall the development of human civilization in the past as well as present. In addition, I am also able demonstrate good research and documentation skills and enhance creativity through the representation of postcard series.


     Here are my postcards, introduction and packaging =D










 





Overall, I enjoy this semester so much. Thank You Miss Ida & Miss Sufina =D!




No comments:

Post a Comment