Monday 13 May 2013

Social Psychology Assignment 2: Article/Advertisement Analysis

     My second assignment of social psychology is a group assignment. We were required to form a group of 4-5. My group members are Tan Ai-Qi, Cheah Hoong Fei, Joshua Ting and Ong Kok Sheng. In this assignment, we need to search articles or advertisements from magazines or newspapers and apply the concepts that we learnt from Chapter 6 Part 1 to Chapter 9. We were required to submit a total of 10 articles or advertisements (2 from each chapter) and then present 5 of the articles in front of our lecturer and friends.
 
      First of all, my group members and I read through all the notes given by Miss Tan from Chapter 6 to Chapter 9 to make sure that we understand all the theories and concepts in those particular chapters. Then, we searched the articles and advertisement that related to the concepts we learnt from the newspapers. I realized that there are more articles/ advertisements that related to Chapter 6 (Attitude and Persuasion) and Chapter 9 (Aggression) if compared to Chapter 7 (Stereotyping, Prejudice & Discrimination) and Chapter 8 (Prosocial Behavior). However, through the cooperation of all the group members, we were able to found 10 articles and advertisement in not more than 3 hours. In this group assignment, I realized that teamwork is very important to complete our task well. Nevertheless, we knew that we had a bad presentation as we applied a wrong concept and we were nervous, but I was very happy that we have built a better rapport among each others through this assignment.
 
       In addition, I have learnt to apply psychological theories and concepts to my personal life and that of others. For example, when i saw a Pizza Hut discount advertisement with a deadline, I knew that the concepts applied is Deadline Technique. Also, through this assignment,  I learnt to understand myself better and my interaction with others in terms of psychology. I have learnt that my weakness was too nervous while giving a presentation in front of lecturer and friends, whereas my strength was that I can complete my task on time to avoid last minute work. Overall, it was one of the interesting assignment in this subject. Thank you Miss Tan for giving us this opportunity to learn and gain more experiences in this assignment. Thank You :D !

No comments:

Post a Comment