Thursday 13 December 2012

❤Introduction to Construction Industry❤


Say Hi to ICI (Introduction to Construction Industry)! ^-^


Firstly, it is my first group work with Ai-Qi, Rena, and Natalie
This assignment is about doing a brainstorming mind map with title Construction Industry.
The building in the mind map was designed by our group leader, Natalie.
I was truly appreciated the moment working hard with my group members.
From here, I have gotten my first knowledge about construction industry.
Besides, I also learnt to cooperate and tolerate with each others.

Here comes to my first individual project.
It's a collage, titled: My Places, My memories!
The place i did is Johor Bahru, Malaysia which is my hometown.
And the places i chose to do the collage are Johor Bahru Old Chinese Temple, Kota Tinggi Waterfalls, Johor Bahru Zoo, Danga Bay and Desaru Fruit Farm.
I designed my collage into a breakfast pictures which included a teapot, a cup, bread and cake.
Through this project, I have improved my creativity.
This is because I have done a lot of researches before i start off this project.
And I found some of the information of those places which i did not discover before.
I love my place, my memories.

Well, It is another project given by our lecturer- Proposal.
I have designed a cafe, named "The Garden Cafe"
It is built on a 30mx30m site, located at Block B.
The diagram above is the plan of my cafe
It is a relaxing cafe with excellent landscape design which is also an attraction of Taylor's Lakeside Campus.


                                                   

The photos above is the budget cost of the cafe of my proposal.
The total cost of construction is RM346,720.
From this project, I have learnt how to do a good proposal.
I realized that it's not so easy to build a cafe.
It requires a lot of materials, decorations, plants, lighting, furniture and tableware.
However, I am lucky to have those helpful group members as they always lend me a helping hand during this project.
Thank you to Rena and Ai-Qi!

The link below is my final project of ICI,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-24YcUrIRGA&feature=youtu.be



It's also a group project.
This project is to film a video about the problems faced during the construction project.
For example, problem communicate to foreign workers, Materials do not arrive on site on time, client faces financial problem and so on.
From this project, I understand that everyone has to tolerate among each other in order to complete a project successfully.
If not, the whole project will be delayed and maybe lead to shut down.
Overall, the process of filming was fun and i have built a better rapport with my group members!

At the beginning, I felt that ICI is a very boring subject.
It's not.
I enjoyed every learning process in my first semester!
Thank You Puan Has. and Mr. Leong. =D!









No comments:

Post a Comment