Saturday 15 December 2012

English 1


The first task given by our English lecturer, Miss Lojana, is writing an essay.
The title I chose is "Using Recycled Products in Construction".
I have learnt how to write an good essay.
It begins with an introduction and thesis statement, followed by supporting paragraphs and specific details.
Also, I have learnt how to do a citation and reference in APA style.


Next, we were giving a listening test in the class.
I was really nervous that time as I couldn't really get what I had listened from the radio.
However, after doing some practice with other classmates, I realized that the technique is taking down the notes in short form of words or arrows while listening.
Also, I have learnt to recalling the information, recognize the main ideas and supporting details.





Here is my favourite part in this subject.
We were given a task to make a video as an oral presentation.

Here is the link to watch it.
http://youtu.be/6qM9QIJ80no

It's a funny love video edited by Rena.
We learnt that we can't really film it well in the last minutes.
But overall, it is fun and we enjoy filming it very much!

The last assignment is a group work which is doing a photoblog, followed by oral presentation.
The place my group members and I chose to do the photoblog is Pulau Langkawi.
Here are some of our photos of Langkawi trip.




I really had a great time with those cute friends.
I have built a better rapport with them through this trip.
Honesty, I was so panic when i knew that we have to present one by one in front of the class.
However, I have learnt how to prepare well before presenting from this task.
Also, I have gained some useful knowledge.
Eye contact is an important tool in oral presentation.
Besides, we have to use physical space and body movement to enhance our message.
Thus, we can do well in our oral presentation.

Thank you Miss Lojana. I really enjoyed our English class in my first semester! =)















No comments:

Post a Comment