Saturday 15 December 2012

Creative Thinking Skills

                                     
                       This is my favourite subject in my first semester~
                   

This is my first group work in this subject.
             It is a brainstorming mind map about the song given by the lecturer.
Our song is one of the famous song of Arctic Monkeys- Brainstrom.
From this mind map, I have learnt how to use the six thinking hats in mind mapping.


Next, it is a group work again.
We were required to design a CD cover for the song given by the lecturer.
From this project, I learnt to cooperate and tolerate with all of my group members.
They are Tan Ai-Qi, Rena Sim Lee Na, Natalie, and Sheila.


                                   Here comes to the interesting parts.         
            I was so surprised that our first task is creating our own MONSTER~
                  I was wondering why studying architecture need to draw monster.
                  Well, now i realized that creativity is very important in architecture.
                              The photos below are my IDJ 1- IDJ5

IDJ 1
This is my monster.
I named it Dolly Pink as she looked like a doll and her favourite colour is pink.
She was created by a pair of lonely couple in Wing Planet.
She has a pair of pink wings and does not have legs and hands.
She likes retro hair style.
Her horoscope is Aquarius.
When she gets tired, she will become water droplets and rest in the bottle.


IDJ 2
This is the planet where Dolly Pink lives.
I named it Wing Planet as all the residents there have a pair of wings.
In Wing Planet, there is a Monsta City and a Monsta Residence.
Monsta Residence is where all the monster live. It is on the ground.
Monsta City is a monster city with a lot of shops. It is on the sky.


IDJ 3
This is the enemy of Dolly Pink, called Crazy Chef.
He likes to cook animals of Wing Planet which is illegal  in the planet.
He has a pair of orange wings on his hat, and four hands with different cooking tools.


IDJ 4
This is Dolly Pink's event which is a cooking competition with her enemy, Crazy Chef.
She organized this event instead of fighting with each other.
This cooking competition is held in Super Hall.
The theme of this competition is to cook a dessert.
Winner can own a restaurant while loser has to leave Wing Planet forever.
Crazy Chef lose and left the planet at the end of the story.


IDJ 5
This is my own IDJ book cover.
I named the book "Who's Behind The Wings?"
It is my monster, Dolly Pink who represents my personalities.
The eye covered by the wings represent that I am a shy and timid girl.
I don't dare and don't have enough confidence to show out my works.
However, the eye also represent that I am a curious girl who wants to learn more and explore more in my life.
And obviously, I love pink very much.


This is one of my favourite tasks~
And it is my first time knowing this word- ONOMATOPOEIA!

Here is the link to watch our performance.


I realized the importance of preparation and cooperation with group members.
We are so regret that we did not practice and prepare well before perform on the stage.
However, it is fun, cool and exciting.
I hope there will be such an interesting task for us in the next semester!



Well, finally here comes to the PSA video.
The topic my group members and I chose is STOP BULLYING!

This is the link of the advertisement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2wdvFK0Qk

From here, my group members and I have learnt to tolerate with each others while filming the video.
And also, I realized that it is not easy to film an interesting advertisement.
I should practice more in order to make a good film in my next semester.

Lastly, it's the hardest project for me.
Rube Goldberg Machine.
These are the materials I used to do the machine.

The photos below show the procedures..







And FINALLY, It's my machine~!


It didn't work smoothly while presenting, but I have tried my best. :(
I have improved my creative thinking skills through the whole project XD

Overall, it is fun and I really enjoyed the classes very much~
Thank you my lecturer Miss Sufina and Mr. Wan.
And a special thank you to my tutor, Miss Ida. =D






No comments:

Post a Comment