Friday 14 June 2013

Introduction to Business

     My favorite topic for this subject is "Business Ethics and Social Responsibility". This topic is about the ethics of what is right or wrong, good or evil, fair or unfair in different people and societies. Also, I had learnt about the 4 areas of business ethics which are environment, customer, employees and investors. Besides that, we can also find the approaches to social responsibility in this topic. I love this topic the most because I found it is interesting when talking about the ethics of different people and societies can have different ideas about what is right or wrong. For example, most people agree that stealing is wrong, regardless of the circumstances. However, some feel that stealing is sometimes justified such as in the situation when if you are starving, then you can steal food. In addition, I feel this topic is easy to learn and understand if compared to others.

     My least favorite topic is "Managing a Business". It is about how organizing people can improve productivity and how businesses get organized and assign roles to its people. Besides that, there are also types of organizational structure which I had learnt about their functional, divisional, line and staff. Also, I had learnt about the committee and its strengths and weaknesses. The reason that I don't like this topic because I feel it is boring and I can't really understand some of the parts such as the types of organizational structure. To make the topic better, I would add more pictures that related to this topic to help me understand it better. Also, I would like to add more examples to help myself to learn in this topic more efficiently.

     The topic that I found as most useful to my everyday life and future studies is "Developing Marketing Strategies". It is about the marketing plans and the consumer buying process. I found that this topic is useful because it teaches me how to be creative in studies. For example, I learnt how to design my postcards that my lecturer wants in the subject of Culture & Civilization. Also, if I am going to start a business in my future, I can use those 5 marketing plans to help me in my business. Furthermore, the consumer buying process teaches me how to purchase a product that will make me happy and I will probably buy the same products again in the future by taking the 5 steps in this topic.

     Overall, I had gained knowledge about this subject and also, I enjoyed learning under the guidance of my lecturer, Mr. Joe. Thank you =)

     Here are the photos taken during our final project: charity drives.


This is the packaging of our chocolate and sweets that we sold during our charity drives.


These are the cookies that we sold during our charity drives. 


These are the short pants that we sold during our charity drives.


This is the group photos with the representative of WWF Malaysia while we were donating the money.


Rena and I were promoting our products during the charity drives.


We were all running our business during the charity drives.

Here are the attachments or my Business Presentation Slides and Marketing Report. 

Business Plan Report:

The Presentation Slides:

The final project report (Charity Drives):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3jnTpKWw2SjRXV1bGU5TU50SjQ/edit






   

No comments:

Post a Comment