Saturday 8 June 2013

Effective Public Communication

Class Test: 


     It was our first EPC class test. It covered all the information that we had learnt from Chapter 1 to Chapter 6. Frankly, I did not have enough time to study well for this class test as we were having a lot of assignments and projects during that week.During the test, I was not able to answer all the questions and I left them blank. Therefore, I got a low marks in this test.

     From this test, I knew my weakness is my poor time management. I should manage my time well to study for my test. However, I am able to explain the concepts of communication, both verbal and nonverbal, and how people behave and communicate in different situations through this test.

Individual Essay:


     This assignment was about writing an essay and applying concepts for the chosen topic. The topic that i chose was topic number 4 which is "Even when nonverbal cues are used in text-based messages, communicating online can still lead to misunderstandings. Look at the differences between communicating online and communicating face-to-face and examine how vocal cues are important to communication".

     Firstly, I thought it was a tough assignment as I did not really understand some of the concepts in the text book. However, after reading for sometimes, I understood the concepts and was able to choose which concepts I was going to use in my essay. The concepts that I used in this assignment were Nonverbal and verbal Communication, Vocal cues and so on.

     Through this assignment, I am able to explain the basic ideas of each chosen topic with reference to the related theories learned in this course. Also, I have learnt to prove mastery of the topic and ability to express this in the form of an academic essay with proper APA citations and referencing.


Group project - Illustrations and Scripts:

     Our final project for this subject was a group work which is illustrations and scripts. First of all, we were required to form a group of 4. My group members were Cheah Hoong Fei, Yap Zhong Ling and Toh Chee Cheng. After that, we were asked to choose one topic that listed by our lecturer. The topic we chose was "Relationship in Process". Then, we choose to draw comics for this project.

     We discussed the topic together and started dividing the task for doing this project. My task was to draw two comics and apply the concepts. The comics that I drew were about "Time" and "Proximity". Besides that, we were required to present our work one by one during the submission day. Overall, I am quite satisfied with our group work.
    

     Here are some photos of our project:










     Through this project, I am able to explain the basic ideas of this chosen topic. In addition, I have learnt to use new examples/situations relevant to the chosen topic in the form of graphics and report and derive an informed opinion on the current state of the business’ operation to explain the topic. Also, I am able to prove mastery of the topic by the compilation of knowledge through graphics.

     I have gained knowledge about effective public communication. Thanks to my lecturer, Mr. Woon.

No comments:

Post a Comment